It’s a brand new year, and a blizzard approaches.
I’ve spent the last 2 years since I got my current job, being pretty down on myself. I haven’t written as much as I wanted to, and I let my html & Css skills go by the wayside. I will make up for it in 2014!
I’m going to start brushing up on my css & photoshop and redo the blog, and I do have plans to write more often, hopefully once a week, starting today.
Well, let’s get on with it. Time for my annual list.
- In 2013, I lost 20 pounds, which is amazing. For 2014, my goal is 15.
- Read a new book once a month, or listen on Audible. I got a few books for Christmas, and I’m looking forward to starting them.
- Watch one new to me movie a week. On Netflix, HBO, or at the movies. Lots of classics I’ve never watched.
- Learn some new programming languages. I studied Java in high school (almost a decade ago!) and I’m sure it’s changed, so it’s time to learn again!
- Write a very simple program for Android, even if I don’t publish it.
- Buy more artwork for my home. We repainted the hallway and living room, and things are already looking brighter.
- Release 2 new knitting patterns. Currently test knitting one of them.
- Sell my spinning wheel. It was fun, but I don’t use it enough to merit keeping it. Also, I could use the money.
- Knit 3 adult size sweaters.
10. Knit 2-3 shawls plus as many as I can of new hats, cowls, gloves, & mittens!
- Find a new job. I’m depressed at my current job. There’s no way for me to move up, there’s no appreciation, and I despise my office manager. So many people have quit in the past year. This is not a healthy attitude or a healthy environment for me!
- Set up a healthy emergency fund. Right now, my emergency fund is my credit card, and that’s a dangerous thing to depend on.
Wow, looking back on that, some of my resolutions are a real bummer. Here’s a photo of one of my cats. Happy new year!